Logo Design (Raster File)
Logos are more than just pretty pictures. They’re the tools you need to help you attract the right customers and build brand loyalty.
What is a raster file?
Raster files are images built from pixels — tiny colour squares that, in great quantity, can form highly detailed images such as photographs. The more pixels an image has, the higher quality it will be, and vice versa. The number of pixels in an image depends on the file type (for example, JPEG, GIF, or PNG).
What is a vector file?
Vector files use mathematical equations, lines, and curves with fixed points on a grid to produce an image. There are no pixels in a vector file. A vector file’s mathematical formulas capture shape, border, and fill colour to build an image. Because the mathematical formula recalibrates to any size, you can scale a vector image up or down without impacting its quality.
Logo design is the process of arranging symbols, images, text and colour. This creates a unique mark that communicates the essence of your brand.
What Is Brand Identity?
Brand identity is the visible elements of a brand. This includes colours, designs, and logo, that identify together tp distinguish the brand in consumers' minds. Brand identity is distinct from brand image. The former corresponds to the intent behind the branding and the way a company does the following. This cultivates a certain image in consumers' minds:
- Chooses its name
- Designs its logo
- Uses colours, shapes, together with other visual elements in its products and promotions
- Crafts the language in its advertisements
- Trains employees to interact with customers
Brand image is the actual result of these efforts, successful or unsuccessful.
- Brand identity is the visible elements of a brand, such as colour, design, and logo. These identify and distinguish the brand in consumers' minds.
- Consistent marketing and messaging lead to consistent brand identity and, therefore, consistent sales.
- Building a positive brand image can bring in consistent sales and make product roll-outs more successful.
- Building a positive, cohesive brand image requires analysing the company and its market, to determine the company's goals, customers, and message.
- Social media is a powerful driver of brand awareness.